Fast Company (1979)
Dir: David Cronenberg
IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079138/
David Cronenberg is probably my favorite director. I'm one of his biggest fanboys.
This film, while pretty entertaining, is a strangely bizarre anomaly in his body of work as a whole. A B-grade drag-racing movie? What the hell? What about vaginas in stomachs? What about exploding heads and TV channels that control your mind? What about a guy fucking some chick's scar? It feels so out of place because it's so very ordinary compared to his other work.
As I mentioned before, it wasn't a waste of time, it was a pretty fun and entertaining flick. He obviously had a passion for what he was filming, and that shines through, but there is very little depth to this movie, which is something I've grown accustomed to, since I've seen just about all of his work. Blue Underground did a terrific job on the transfer on the dvd, so the quality of the Mark Irwin's cinematography is veyr noticeable, and commendable. The actors, for a B-movie, are quite alright.
The soundtrack is hilarious. It's pretty dated at times.
Very interesting to see this film sandwiched between two of his most brutal horror films, Rabid and The Brood. But probably not of too much interest to anyone who isn't a big fan like I am.
IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079138/
David Cronenberg is probably my favorite director. I'm one of his biggest fanboys.
This film, while pretty entertaining, is a strangely bizarre anomaly in his body of work as a whole. A B-grade drag-racing movie? What the hell? What about vaginas in stomachs? What about exploding heads and TV channels that control your mind? What about a guy fucking some chick's scar? It feels so out of place because it's so very ordinary compared to his other work.
As I mentioned before, it wasn't a waste of time, it was a pretty fun and entertaining flick. He obviously had a passion for what he was filming, and that shines through, but there is very little depth to this movie, which is something I've grown accustomed to, since I've seen just about all of his work. Blue Underground did a terrific job on the transfer on the dvd, so the quality of the Mark Irwin's cinematography is veyr noticeable, and commendable. The actors, for a B-movie, are quite alright.
The soundtrack is hilarious. It's pretty dated at times.
Very interesting to see this film sandwiched between two of his most brutal horror films, Rabid and The Brood. But probably not of too much interest to anyone who isn't a big fan like I am.
