The Descent (2005)
Dir: Neil Marshall
IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/
Not a bad little UK horror flick at all. Taken at face value, it doesn't seem like it, but it was pretty psychological. I think I would have liked it more if the monsters didn't have such a prominent role in the film towards the end. It was pretty tense just watching the women have a hard time getting through the caves. The visuals were pretty nice, and the acting was serviceable. Unfortunately, it did fall into a few horror movie cliches at times. It's certainly worlds better than a lot of the PG-13 horror tripe that gets made in our country.
IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/
Not a bad little UK horror flick at all. Taken at face value, it doesn't seem like it, but it was pretty psychological. I think I would have liked it more if the monsters didn't have such a prominent role in the film towards the end. It was pretty tense just watching the women have a hard time getting through the caves. The visuals were pretty nice, and the acting was serviceable. Unfortunately, it did fall into a few horror movie cliches at times. It's certainly worlds better than a lot of the PG-13 horror tripe that gets made in our country.
