Creepshow (1982)
Dir: George A. Romero
IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083767/
This was interesting and a little fun, but both Romero and Stephen King have done far better work than this.
I particularly liked the comic-book feel to the movie, the transitions, page turns and panel switches were a nice touch.
Unfortunately, the stories as a whole were pretty lackluster. The campiness I could only appreciate so much, the humor was nothing to write home about. Romero's directing was solid, but he used the Dario Argento-esque red/blue lighting a little too much. There simply wasn't enough of either humor or horror to keep the stories afloat. It was nice to see Leslie Neilsen playing something other than the silly old clueless goofball, however.
It's interesting for a view once, but I don't see myself revisiting it anytime in the near future.
IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083767/
This was interesting and a little fun, but both Romero and Stephen King have done far better work than this.
I particularly liked the comic-book feel to the movie, the transitions, page turns and panel switches were a nice touch.
Unfortunately, the stories as a whole were pretty lackluster. The campiness I could only appreciate so much, the humor was nothing to write home about. Romero's directing was solid, but he used the Dario Argento-esque red/blue lighting a little too much. There simply wasn't enough of either humor or horror to keep the stories afloat. It was nice to see Leslie Neilsen playing something other than the silly old clueless goofball, however.
It's interesting for a view once, but I don't see myself revisiting it anytime in the near future.
