Walk the Line (2005)
Dir: James Mangold
IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0358273/
This film is a truly fascinating look at Johnny Cash, one of the greatest performers ever. The performances are great, and boy was I suprised at Reese Witherspoon's ability. The only time I've ever really seen her display those kind of chops before was in Election.
Unfortunately, this film falls into the familiar rock biopic territory. I think the incident at Folsom Prison was kind of glossed over, I would have liked to have seen more about that. I also think that its uncanny similarities to last years big music biopic, Ray, will cost it awards and in the long run as well. It may just be forgotten not to far from now, which is unfortunate because Cash deserves better.
IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0358273/
This film is a truly fascinating look at Johnny Cash, one of the greatest performers ever. The performances are great, and boy was I suprised at Reese Witherspoon's ability. The only time I've ever really seen her display those kind of chops before was in Election.
Unfortunately, this film falls into the familiar rock biopic territory. I think the incident at Folsom Prison was kind of glossed over, I would have liked to have seen more about that. I also think that its uncanny similarities to last years big music biopic, Ray, will cost it awards and in the long run as well. It may just be forgotten not to far from now, which is unfortunate because Cash deserves better.
